Sports lovers will find in Ovronnaz and around multiple chances to exert themselves
and thrill-seekers will also be seduced!
It is possible to play tennis in our village and surroundings.
- Ovronnaz court, below La Promenade restaurant
- Chamoson courts, 20 minutes by car from Ovronnaz
- Booking with the tourist office in Ovronnaz
- CHF 20.-/hour
- Grab your own equipment
Through forests and pastures, enjoy a unique mountain biking experience on 50 km of recommended trails. Thrills are guaranteed, whatever your ability level. Mountain biking is possible on at least 1.20 metre-wide walking trails. Priority is given to pedestrians.
- Ovronnaz – Randonnaz – Chiboz : easy ride, flat, by the carriageway
- Ovronnaz – Tour de la Corniche : easy ride, elevation gain of 280 m, forest trail
- Ovronnaz – Loutze – Chamosentze : challenging ride, elevation gain of 600 m, municipal and forest road
- Ovronnaz – Saillon : very challenging ride, elevation gain of 800 m, forest trail
- Ovronnaz – Odonne – Bougnonne – Col de la Forcle – Petit Pré – Retour en station : challenging ride, elevation gain of 900 m, forest trail
- Ovronnaz – Tsantonnaire : very challenging ride, elevation gain of 1000 m, forest road
For further information, get the Mountainbike Map Martigny 1:50’000
In Ovronnaz and surroundings you will find several climbing rock faces.
Harness up and climb to the top of the finest mountains in the area!
- “Lui d’Août” area 1957 m
- “La Tête” area 2168 m
- “L’Etra” area 1660 m
- Grand Muveran 3051 m : 4a-6b, 15 routes, access from Rambert cabin
- Arête de Saille 2427 m : 4a-6a, dry rock equipped with bolts, access from Plan Salentze
- Ardève 1474 m : 6a-7c, north face, access from the road of Les Mayens-de-Chamoson
- Haut-de-Cry 2969 m : 5c-7b, long routes « Les Ancilllons », access from the road of Némiaz
- Randonnaz 1393 m : 5c-7b, routes for all levels, access from the road of Chiboz
- Cabane de Demècre 2361 m : 3c-5b, routes, also for children, next to the cabin
It has been the first via ferrata to connect the plain to the mountain in Valais. The route is approximately 1 kilometre long, with an elevation gain of 330 meters, and requires a 2 to 3 hours’ effort. Increasing in difficulty, the via is suitable for a large number of climbing enthusiasts: the first part, fun and family-oriented, is graded AD+ while the second part, which is more aerial, impressive and physically challenging is graded D+. A third part, graded TD+, requires excellent physical shape.
- Altitude departure : 540m
- Altitude arrival : 870m
- Elevation gain : 330m
- Cabled distance : approx. 1000m
- Suspension bridge : 3
- Cable ladders : 1
- Handrails : approx.. 800 pieces
- Pedals : approx. 100 pieces
- Pédales : env. 200 pces
Bike Evasion Sports